|Nikolai N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi
Nikolai N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi is Vice President of the Russian Research Center -- "Kurchatov Institute."
- Academician; Power Engineering, incl. Nuclear Power, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 1987.
- Corresponding Member; General Power Engineering, incl. Plasma Power, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 1984.
- Professor; Nuclear Power Units, Moscow Aviation Institute, Moscow, Russia, 1971.
- Doctor of Sci.(Tech.); Nuclear Power Units, I.V.Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy, Moscow, Russia, 1964.
- Candidate of Sci.(Tech.); Nuclear Power Units, I.V.Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy, Moscow, Russia, 1958.
- Physical Engineer; Moscow Institute of Engineering Physics, Moscow, Russia, 1952.
Russian Research Center "Kurchatov Institute" (Former Laboratory of Measuring Instruments of Academy of Sciences, I.V.Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy, Moscow, Russia):
1952 -1992 -- Researcher, Head of Laboratory, Head of Division, First Deputy Director.
1992 - present -- Vice-President.
Moscow Aviation Institute, Moscow, Russia, Professor -- 1956 - present time
SC "INERTEC", Moscow, Russia, Chairman of Board of Directors -- 1992 - present time
GTDC, Vienna, Austria, Member of Board of Scientific Directors -- 1994 - present time
Public Scientific Activity:
- "Atomnaya Energiya", Moscow, Russia, Editor-in-Chief. 1979 - present time
- "Nuclear Science and Engineering",ANS, Member of Editorial Board. 1989 - present time
- Scientific Council for Atomic Power, RAS, Moscow, Russia, Chairman. 1995 - present time
- RF Ministry of Atomic Energy, Member of Scientific Councils.
- RF Ministry of Science & Technology, Member of Scientific Councils.
- RF Ministry of Extreme Situations, Member of Scientific Councils.
- Russian Nuclear Society, Member;
- American Nuclear Society, Member.
Participation in and Organization of Scientific Seminars and Conferences:
- Nuclear Society, Moscow, Russia, President. 1992 - 1993
- Panel Plutonium Management, ANS, Member of Board. 1994 - 1995
- Symposium on Space Nuclear Power, Albuquerque, USA. -- 1989 - 1997
- Conference on Space Nuclear Power, Sukhumi, Semipalatinsk, Obninsk, Podol'sk, Russia. -- 1991 - 1995
- Conference on Non-Proliferetion and Control, Moscow, Russia. -- 1996
Participation in R&D Projects:
- Physics and Technique of Nuclear Reactors;
- Physics and Technique of Thermoionic Energy Conversion;
- Nuclear and Radiation Safety;
- Radiation Resistance of Nuclear Materials;
- Non-Proliferation and Control of Nuclear Materials;
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle (Pu disposition, Th utilization).
- Nuclear Aircraft (KAR);
- Nuclear Rocket Engine (IVG);
- Thermoelectric Converter Reactor (Romashka);
- Space Nuclear Thermoionic Unit (Yenisei);
- High-Temperature Helium-Cooled Reactor (VG-400, MHR);
- Reactor for Isotope Production;
- Water Reactor of New Generation (NP-640, VPBER, VVER-m);
- Conversion of Commercial Reactor Cores.
Scientific articles in magazines and papers presented at conferences: 121 publications. Mission
- "Heat release in nuclear reactor", 1985, Moscow, Energoatom;
- "Profiling of nuclear reactor", 1988, Moscow, Energoatom.